Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jamaican Jerk Chicken


A little while ago I went on a cruise to the Cayman Islands and to Jamaica. Since I only had one day in Jamaica, I wanted to make the most of it. We started our day at Dunn's River Falls, huge waterfalls in which you have the pleasure of actually walking through the waterfalls. I have never experienced anything of this sort before, breathtaking beauty and refreshing showers of crystal clear water. A two for one package.
Hubby and I worked up an appetite with a little jet ski on the beach and quickly looked for another beach to stop for lunch.
The next beach had to meet our criteria for fun....reggae music, happy people and some great food. That is just what we got. We sipped some Pina Colada and ordered the Jamaican Jerk Chicken that was being barbecued on the beach. Curvy women shook their booties in the middle of the beach while we devoured the spicy chicken.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a barbecued chicken seasoned with Jamaican All Spice which is Jamaican pimento. The seasoning also includes Scotch Bonnet peppers and various spices such as cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and thyme. The allspice is placed over coals to give it that unique spicy flavor. I really couldn't find too much information about how the chicken is made so if you know anything, please feel free to add your take on things.
The fact that it came with fries was a bonus because I find that fries are the perfect beach snack. I need to be really hungry to eat fries and the sun always gets me into the French fry mood.
What a day of Jammin'! Yeah, Man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello.

I've had jerk chicken and now that photo looks mouthwatering. I hear the dinner bell.

If you visit me, please leave a comment of no more than seven words or less! Have a great day.
http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

frantic foodie said...

I checked out your site and it's addictive. Thanks for stopping by