Tuesday, May 5, 2009

James Beard Awards

Once a year, the food world stops. All the chefs and the foodies gather to hear the winners of the James Beard Awards. Here is the complete list.

I was excited to see that Outstanding Restaurant went to Jean Georges (Chef/Owner: Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Owner: Phil Suarez, New York, NY). I got the pleasure of having a wonderful lunch at Nougatine, the less fancy version of Jean Georges (we brought our baby with us), same kitchen but different style. Beautiful view of Central Park, exquisite food and if that isn't enough. They had a lunch special with three courses for 24 dollars.
If you are in NYC, don't miss this gem.







Surprise, Surprise (actually no surprise at all) : Momofuku Ko got the best new restaurant. I am kicking myself in the butt for not making it to the Momofuku milk bar. Oh well, I guess I will have to plan another trip.

As for Seattle, everyone knows Seattle rocks.

Seattle's Maria Hines of Tilth took the award for best chef in the Northwest and the PI's Rebekah Denn got an award for her article .

No comments: